Former Managing Partner, Logistics, Ports and Raw Materials
David Reid is one of the steel industry’s most well-known steel industry logistics, raw materials and shipping specialists and advisors.
- From late 2009 to early 2011, David led a team of personnel from Metal Strategies that managed the sale (to Thailand’s largest private company SSI-Sahavariya) and plant restart of the former 3.4 MMT British Steel-Teesside integrated steel works.
- From 2004 to late 2009, he acted as Port/Logistics Director, Hot End General Manager and Slab Marketing Director for the same 3.4 MMT TataCorus-Teesside joint venture (formerly British Steel) for owners TataCorus, Duferco-NLMK, Dongkuk, and Marcegaglia.
- From 1995 to 2004, David was President and CEO of German-owned port and logistics operator Novlog, operating out of the Tier I international port (upgraded to Tier I status under direction of Mr. Reid) at the former U.S. Steel-Fairless Hills, PA port handling over 4.0 MMT of steel per year of finished steel as well as semifinished steel for U.S. steelmakers including Duferco-NLMK, RG Steel Wheeling, AK Steel, Severstal, and many others in both flat and long products.
- David was also credited with the design and general management of the port and logistics infrastructure and system for the world’s first true dedicated slab importing steel plant, California Steel, in the 1980s that continues in operation to this day.
- David was originally a British trained ocean and Great Lakes bulk ship captain serving in the British Merchant Marines and various major commercial bulk carriers handling coal and iron ore.