Commercial Steel Product Market Specialist
Mike has forty three years of steel industry experience, including domestic and international sales coupled with operating experience and knowledge of product application, logistics, ocean transportation, financing, storage and warehousing programs.
- Mike has been senior consulting partner for Metal Strategies Inc. PA since mid-2012 to the present specializing in commercial consulting for flat rolled and other steel products.
- Previously, Mike served as domestic and export flat rolled steel sales advisor including slabs and coils to the domestic market and export sales of slabs, hot rolled, cold rolled and galvanized to Europe and South America for RG Steel Sparrows Pt, MD integrated coil steel plant from 2010 to 2012.
- Mike previously served at the same Sparrows Pt, MD plant for prior owner Severstal N.A. – one of the world’s top 15 steelmakers, from 2006 to 2009 as U.S. steel sales including hot rolled, cold rolled, galvanized coil spot as well as contract sales.
- Mike served as unit Director of Sales and Marketing for Ispat America Inc. (now Arcelor Mittal – the world’s largest steel company), from 1995to 2005 and steel sales in the USA of DRI, slabs, flat rolled products, and wire rods.
- Prior to this, Mike served as steel sales, marketing and trading manager for Metallgesellschaft in NYC dealing with slabs and other flat-rolled products from 1989 to 1992.
- Mike started his steel sales career with Daval Steel Products/Franco Steel (the predecessor companies of Arcelor Mittal 15 million-tonne French integrated steel operations) in NYC from 1975 to 1986 specializing in flat rolled carbon steel including tin mill products and large-diameter line pipe.
- Mike began his career at U.S. Steel’s integrated sheet steel works in Fairless Hills PA in operations from 1969 to 1973, ultimately as Foreman cold reduction operations.